Thursday, May 5, 2011

Happy Cinco de Mayo

Happy Cinco de Mayo! Hope everyone's day includes a little guacamole and a cold margarita!
In honor of the day I'm sharing my favorite Mexican inspired embroidered clothes. 
I love the bright colors and relaxed style of the dresses. Perfect for summer!





Bella Embroidery Dress, Juicy Couture $139


Etsy has a lot of great vintage pieces. I love this color green!


And I have to share with you my guacamole recipe. Well its not actually mine, I got if from one of my favorite restaurants in NY, Rosa Mexicano, but I've adapted it over the years to make it just right. You must try! It's super easy and delicious!


Photobucket


Ingredients:
1 White Onion (finely chopped)
Cilantro (finely chopped)
jalapeƱo pepper (finely chopped)
3 Hass avocados
2 tomatoes (finely chopped)
salt
pepper
lime juice


I use a molcajete (that you can get at Williams Sonoma and its well worth it) but you can also just use a stainless steel cooking bowl.


First you make the chile paste by grinding 1 tablespoon of onion, 1 tablespoon of cilantro, and 1 tablespoon or jalapeno and a little salt. 


Next cut the avocados and remove the pit. Make 3 crosswise cuts and 3 lengthwise cuts to dice the avocado. Scoop the diced avocado into the molcajete and then add 3 tablespoons of tomato, 1 more tablespoon of cilantro and 1 more tablespoon of onion. Mix everything together and add a pinch of salt and pepper and a squeeze or two of lime to taste and tada you have the most delicious fresh guacamole! 

3 comments:

  1. There is nothing better than a cold margarita...Happy Cinco de Mayo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is the top dress and I have a dress a lot like the last one in white! A friend got it for me in Texas and I wore it to a sorority function! I would love a margarita right about now, instead blog study breaks will have to suffice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I featured the top dress in my blog as well! It's the perfect dress for today. If I wasn't studying right now I would love to be indulging in some cinco de mayo fun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...